Wednesday, June 9, 2010

"Little Rolls"

I love this picture of my mom and grandparents at her graduation! They look so proud. My mom is BEAUTIFUL!

This recipe is one my mom has made for me and my brothers and sisters before and she had it growing up as well. These are "cinnamon" rolls. But not the ones you are thinking. They are light and flakey. They are small and wonderful. I forgot just how wonderful they are.



As told to me by my mom:

As I child I loved these more than all the holiday pies. Another amazing treat is what we called the "little rolls". Using Gram's pie crust recipe, roll the dough very thin and spread with softed butter, sugar and cinnamon to all the edges. Start rolling the dough to form a long log. Cut into 1 inch pieces with sharp knife. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet until golden brown.(we bake them upright see pic)Cool completely. We sometimes add white frosting. Either way they are delectable and fill the house with an irresistible aroma of home made goodness! Every time I have served these everyone thinks I have worked in the kitchen all day, when in fact simple, simple, simple and so inexpensive!! Perfect for gifting.

So I did

3Tbs Butter softened and then just a mixture of cinnamon and sugar.

We bake them up right...I don't know why but that's the way we do it.=)



Ok YUM...flaky and Delicious.





2 comments:

  1. YUMMM!!! I am going to see if your Gram's crust recipe is in the Salmon Pie recipe. Otherwise, please post the crust recipe too. I have made cinnamon squished globbed with left over pie crust, but should try this. My boys would love them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now those sound wonderful!!! I am going to make them today, my hubby loves nothing better than a cinnamon-y dessert! Thank you for the recipe.
    Hugs, Cindy S

    ReplyDelete